Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 7 and Day 8 Summaries - A Twofer

Day 7
  • Jerry: "So, has the summer of George begun? Or are you still decomposing?
  • George: "Decompressing!"
Day 7 in the Insanity workout motivation/goal poster says "OFF." I looked at that and decided that I could do that routine pretty well. Actually, I am a professional at OFF when it comes to working out. That's kind of the reason that I am suffering so much. I have been so good at OFF that my body almost forgot that there was an ON.

Anyway, I took Soph to the Grove Church in the morning. It was pretty much standing room only at the 10 o'clock service. We probably should look into the 8:30 service. All in all, it was a restful day except for the runaway kite episode. Let's just summarize by saying that I met a neighbor by asking him if I could climb up on his roof. That is probably not the best way to meet people in the neighborhood.

The Sunday night weigh-in resulted in a 192 on the electronic scale. That means that I haven't really lost anything yet. I am going to try not to be discouraged by that after working my tail off last week. I decided to let Eliza determine whether I would work out morning or evening. She woke up for feeding at a time that meant I was going to postpone the workout until Monday evening.

Day 8

Day 8 of Insanity takes us to the "Cardio Power & Resistance" routine again. I am handling the workload a little better, but my feet feel as if I am wearing cement sneakers. When I was playing basketball, we would call this "dead legs." It happens when your body isn't getting enough time to recover between workouts or games. I am pushing through in the hopes that I will eventually get to the point of normalcy with my knees and ankles.

I started the workout at 6 pm which was a mistake. I will wait until the kiddos are in bed from now on. Sophie is going to struggle as a coach until she can encourage someone to keep going. Instead, I got this from her, "Dad, it looks like you are struggling. Why don't you just quit?" The problem with her question is that I really wanted to quit, but I couldn't explain it to her why I kept going. That was our discussion during our nightly prayer and tuck-in time.

I am still on the Insanity train. Tomorrow, Shaun T is asking for the workout that haunts my dreams, "Pure Cardio." I will try not to think about until about 9 pm tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...