Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 15 - Time Machine Test

If you are playing along with my Insanity challenge, you already know that I had to take a week (really 9 days) off to recover from a pretty substantial calf injury. As of Saturday, I was walking around with no pain and felt pretty much back to normal. In order to keep the integrity of the challenge, I decided to rewind back a week to account for the week away. It also works out that I start with a test to see where I fell back during the siesta. So, I am going to pretend that the last 2 weeks didn't exist from the challenge standpoint (except that you will see the "real" day 15 results in parentheses below).

Day 15 of the Insanity challenge is a "Fit Test" session to determine if you have made any progress in the last 2 weeks. Here are the results from today's Fit Test workout along with the results from Day 1 (and real Day 15) for comparison:

Exercise Day 1 Reps Day 15 Reps
Switch Kicks 35 38 (38)
Power Jacks 26 45 (40)
Power Knees 53 75 (73)
Power Jumps 22 27 (25)
Globe Jumps 6 7 (8)
Suicide Jumps 8 13 (13)
Push-Up Jacks 11 18 (17)
Low Plank Oblique 22 32 (30)


So, based on these results, the rewind plan looks legit. Once again, the numbers in the table give me some sense of accomplishment and fortifies my resolve to keep going. Tomorrow (Day 16) is a "Plyometric Cardio Circuit" session.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...