Ok. You probably think that you can tell that my dedication to blogging about my Insanity challenge has fallen off just a bit. Well, it's not so much that I have lost the dedication as it is a lack of time after all the stuff that been going on. The last 2 weeks of the challenge have gone mostly like the calendar advises. I had one switched rest day last weekend because I was too sick to do the workout.
Today, I decided to do the "Fit Test" on the Rest day because I wanted to find out my progress, but I didn't want to spend 25 extra minutes tomorrow when the scheduled workout is already an hour. Sophie "helped" count the reps and Eliza "helped" during the Push-Up Jacks and Low Plank Obliques. With those two things said, I am pretty pleased with the Day 49 (50) results. They are in the table below with the Day 1 results for comparison.
|Exercise||Day 1 Reps||Day 49 Reps|
|Low Plank Oblique||22||46|
I have doubled (or more) the reps on 4 of the 8 exercises. I may double all of them when I take the final test 2 weeks from today.
- My resting heart rate is now in the high 50s to low 60s bpm.
- My blood pressure is in the normal (115/65) range after working out.
- When it feels like an earthquake at night, that is a muscle spasm.
- I have gotten out of bed twice and wandered to the living room to ask Kristy if she felt an earthquake.
- The spasms are likely caused by muscle exhaustion mixed with an slight electrolyte imbalance.
- I am ready to be done so that I can get a real rest for a week or so before deciding what to do next.