Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Feature: Book Reviews

If you have read the "101 Things About Me," you know that (1) there are not 101 things about me, and (2) I love to read. So, I have decided to add a list of the books I complete (see "What Has Russ Been Reading?" in the sidebar).  I will also review books as I finish them along with going back a while to review books I have finished in the past year.

If you follow the list, you will quickly see that I don't stay in one genre very long. Currently on the list, you will see fiction, Christian apologetics, historical fiction, popular science, spy novels, science fiction, classic literature, and science fiction. I also read fantasy and science history. Just about the only type of books that I don't read are romance novels. I should probably add that one of my dream jobs (along with what I do now and professional baseball) would be to review books for a publisher or newspaper. [Actually, now that I think about it, I am adding that to my list of things about me.]

In any case, here is what you will find in my book reviews:

  • Title
  • Author
  • Date I Finished Reading
  • Short Summary
  • Impression of the book
  • Read Again Scale:  
    • 0 --> Not without a gun to my head
    • :
    • 5 --> Maybe
    • :
    • 10 --> I plan to read again OR this is a re-read.
  • Read Another Book by the Same Author?
    • 0 --> Not without a gun to my head
    • :
    • 5 --> Maybe
    • :
    • 10 --> I will look for his/her books.
I either really miss doing book reports, or I am looking for something that will keep me posting on a regular basis. Maybe, it's a little of both. If you have a book that you have been trying to decide if it is worth reading, pass the title along, and I will give it a shot.

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...