Monday, February 8, 2010

"Body Double" Review

  • Title:  "Body Double"
  • Author:  Tess Gerritsen
  • Finished:  February 22, 2009
  • Synopsis:  The synopsis is probably best handled by linking to the Gerritsen's webpage or the Amazon page for the book.
  • Impression of the book:  I really liked this book, but I am a fan of Gerritsen's other works that follow Dr. Isles and Detective Rizzolli (e.g., "The Surgeon" and "The Sinner").  I wouldn't read the books in this series if you are faint of heart because the narrative and story lines are kind of grizzly. Of the 3 books in this series that I have read, this one is probably my favorite.  "Body Double" has a great twist and kept me interested in the story through the final page.
  • Read Again Scale:  7
    • I would probably read this book again in a couple of years if I didn't have a chance to drop by the library.  Most of these "thrillers" don't entice me to re-read.  This one is an exception.
  • Read Another Book by the Same Author:  7
    • I don't typically go to the "G" section of the Fayetteville Public Library to see if they have new books by Gerritsen, but I will pick one up if it catches my eye strolling through the library.
In hardback, this novel is about 350 pages (pretty standard length for most popular fiction these days).  It doesn't take me long (a couple of days to a week) to plow through novels of this length.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...