Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Serenity Now, Insanity Later"

Well, it has been darn close to a year since my last post. A lot has been going on, so the blog has been put on hold. That, and well, the global warming thing is moving ever closer to the ash heap of history.  For details of that, the Watts Up With That blog has a new story every few hours to handle the issue much better than I ever could.

In any case, I am going to try to use the blog for the next few weeks as my personal accountability tool with this workout video series called "Insanity." The video set arrived in the mail on Friday. I took them out of the box and popped in the "Fit Test." The 25 minute or so test has 8 different exercises. I got a little queasy just watching the video because I began thinking about what kind of shape I am actually in right now. I have a feeling that this isn't going to be pretty for the first couple of weeks.

I once told you that I can relate anything back to Seinfeld. I am feeling pretty serene right now. However, as Lloyd Braun once warned George about his father, "Serenity now, insanity later." Last night, Kristy took the 3 before pictures (front, side, and back) because if you are going to do something crazy, you might as well go "all in."  Tomorrow, if I can lift my arms after the workout and work my way through the pain associated with my dental work, I will post the results for the number of these exercises I can do in one minute:

  • Switch Kicks
  • Power Jacks
  • Power Knees
  • Power Jumps
  • Globe Jumps
  • Suicide Jacks -- Sounds fun, doesn't it
  • Push-Up Jacks
  • Low Plank Oblique
Who wants to join me?

1 comment:

Josh and Margo said...

I would love to join you if I lived closer to you and had time. I think it would be fun to try this program out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...