Friday, March 19, 2010

"Tales from the Dad Side" Review

  • Title:  "Tales from the Dad Side"
  • Author:  Steve Doocy
  • Finished:  January 28, 2009
  • Synopsis:  Steve Doocy tells his view of fatherhood from both his childhood and adult perspective (with a very quirky sense of humor).  Here is the description of the book from Doocy's website.
  • Impression of the book:  I found the book to be mildly amusing, but not nearly as funny as others who have read it.  As Kristy will tell you, most people don't "get" my sense of humor or my jokes.  I am ok with that, and it tells me that this book is probably much better than I would give it credit for being.
  • Read Again Scale:  1
    • One time through this book was enough for me.  I will likely pass it along to one of my siblings to get their thoughts on it.
  • Read Another Book by the Same Author: 2
    • Doocy is not really my style of writer or humorist.
This book was a Christmas gift.  I must admit that I would not have picked this one up at the bookstore.  I don't feel like I wasted the time spent reading the stories that Doocy included.  In fact, I appreciate the effort that he put into trying to pass along gems that might help other dads.  As I said earlier, other people have liked this book much more than I did.  If you like Doocy on Fox & Friends, you will probably like this book.  It is also a real quick read, so even if you don't end up liking the book, you will be done with it in a couple of days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...