Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dude, What Are You Thinking?

There is a country song by Dierks Bentley that goes something like "Well, I know what I was feeling, But What was I thinking?" What brought this song to mind? I was reading this article about "Australia's best known expert on global warming" and found out that he thinks that the global warming situation is much worse now than it was just 3 years ago.

As I read his proposed solution to our "problem," I forgot all about the fact that the global temperature has stayed the same (perhaps even cooled) since 1998, so how could it be much worse? Right? I just kept saying to myself as I read further, "Dude, what are you thinking?" In any case, I am going to tell you what he is feeling.

Tim Flannery has proposed that the world should start polluting like crazy. Well, that is a little bit of a paraphrase, but he really does want to use jets traveling across the globe to disperse sulfur into the upper atmosphere. The sulfur would reflect sunlight back into space before it makes it to the surface. Of course, the sulfur will change the color of the sky. And, for those of you who have paid attention over the years, sulfur emissions in the form of sulfur dioxide from various industrial enterprises, including electricity generation from coal, are one of the main ingredients in acid rain. In the U.S., we have even reduced the amount of sulfur that we allow in diesel fuels to limit this sulfur dioxide pollution (and increase the cost of the fuel).

You might think that Flannery has at least modeled the effect of dumping large amounts of sulfur into the upper atmosphere or thought about what burning "extra" sulfur in jet fuel might do to the engines. You would be wrong. Here is a quote, "The consequences of doing that are unknown." However, he is one those "Don't just stand there, do something!" (even if it is wrong or dumb) kind of guys.

Anyway, I promised to tell you what this global warming "expert" is feeling. Dr. Flannery is now beginning to realize that the scientific basis for the cause that he has dedicated much of his professional life is crumbling like a house of cards. He is feeling desperate to justify his existence as a climate scientist and the money he has spent on climate research over the years. So, he feels that he needs to emphasize the urgency of our dire situation.

Well, it's either that or he is just a plain old fashioned kook. I'll leave that for you to decide, but I will tell you that I have made up my mind about Dr. Flannery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Russ,

Here is an interesting bit of propaganda for the public to consume and then to parrot to one another in the effort to always be “politically correct.”

I've seen an increase in chatter about this subject recently. It's an old agenda but they are just now trying to implement it.

Let me know what you think. Here is the link:
http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5i44aznf4NLXBBSjY44A_69glUsRA

Seems like the people who want to set up this very profitable money making scam to buy and sell carbon credits are really ramping up their marketing to push this lie now onto the public. The sad thing about it is that the public is now so dumbed down that they've forgotten how to reason for themselves. “Just let the “experts” figure it out and let me get back to my favorite “anti-terrorist drama”........ as long as my favorite shows are on.... things can't be wrong with the world.... any those big boys at the top have my best interest in mind anyways.”

It's amazing to me that if you repeat something enough times and say all the right buzz words people start believing the lies you tell them.... Just make certain that the lie is really big because some people can recognize a small lie.

I'm sure we're going to hear a lot on this subject until we're all in small houses, having to live in crowed cities because the commute its too expensive, and paying a tax every time we eat, exhale, or pass gas.

Another thing to watch for is talk about the earth be overpopulated and the need for regulation of family sizes.

Man is now the enemy. Like in the matrix where man is described as a virus that moves in, consumes, reproduces, and then moves to the next place to start the process over again.

We had the war on drugs, the war on terror, and now the war on mankind.

I'm sure there will now be zealots who come out of the woodwork and voluntarily sterilize themselves for the cause.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...