Friday, July 27, 2012

"Daddy Issues" Review

  • Title:  "Daddy Issues"
  • Author:  Jonathan Watkins
  • Finished:  July 24, 2012
  • Synopsis:  The extended description at the Smashwords book page is the best way to describe this book.
  • Impression of the book: This is the second book in the Bright and Fletcher series by Watkins. It is a great follow-up to the first book, "Motor City Shakedown."
  • Read Again Scale: 6-7
    • Although I mentioned this in my previous review of Watkins first book, I will say it again. The new Kindle has opened a much bigger library to me, so my read again scale needs to be recalibrated.
  • Read Another Book by the Same Author: 10
    • Watkins includes a teaser for the 3rd book in the series. I am pretty sure that I am becoming a loyal reader. Although I kind of like recurring character series, I think I would like to see Watkins try a stand alone novel.
"Daddy Issues" was the first book that I ever purchased at Smashwords, and it was worth the $2.99 that I paid for it. I will read Watkins next book in the series (due out soon). He has put together a pretty good duo in Bright and Fletcher, and he still has a few threads that go back into the first book to work out along the way. I would recommend giving "Motor City Shakedown" a FREE read. If you like that, then you will definitely enjoy "Daddy Issues."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...